Interested in a Royal Sydney Removals quote? Give us a call on 1800 491 466 for an obligation free consultation, and we will let you know how we can help make your move stress-free!
Unfortunately, many people don’t think of frozen food transportation amidst the stress of moving house, and by the time their freezer is unloaded and set up in their new home all the food is defrosted and spoiled. Thankfully, all of our Royal Sydney Removals teams – Sydney’s best, most affordable removalists- have done enough frozen food transportation to know how to do this right and we’re sharing our tips with you.
We recommend that you spend some time preparing to move your frozen foods, starting with the below steps about two weeks before you move:
- Go through your freezer, and throw out any expired frozen goods- don’t need to keep those!
- Make a list of all your good, usable frozen food. When you have the final item list, write down the expiration date by each item. This will help you know which foods to eat first.
- If your move is soon and you don’t have time to eat all your frozen goods- share the goods amongst friends and family, or host a farewell/moving party!
- As well as reducing how much frozen food you will ultimately need to move with you into the new place, you now have an excuse to host a big farewell dinner for friends, family, and neighbours. A great way to reduce food for transport, and bid your old home farewell.
- Whatever is left over: cook! Start cooking as much of your frozen food as possible before you move. Aim to have your fridge and freezer as empty as possible the day before your move- and don’t replenish! Permission to order all the Ubereats or Deliveroo you could want!
Finally- it’s time for your move! On moving day, follow Royal Sydney Removal’s best tips to make your move with the frozen food as seamless as possible:
- Choose your frozen food transportation option carefully: As a general guideline, Royal Sydney Removal teams recommend two different options for frozen food transportation: either using an esky to transport and store your food, or placing your frozen goods in a portable freezer for the move.
- Trust your Royal Sydney Removals Advice: We’ve done a lot of moving, and we’re here to recommend the best ways for you to move your frozen food
- Once you and your Royal Sydney Removals team have selected the best mode of transport, fill up the chosen frozen food carrier with ice or ice packs to ensure your food remains cold throughout the moving process.
- Pack Your Fridge or Freezer Last: Your Royal Sydney Removals team will try to load the fridge or freezer up last, and that means it is unloaded first at the new house, resulting in a shorter period of time in which you are without a fridge and freezer.